JUMU’AH PRAYERS ARE HELD AT THE SHIRLEY MASJID IN A LIMITED CAPACITY effective June 5, 2020. See details below.
For the safety and well-being of everyone in our community, effective June 5, 2020, the Islaamic Center of Mastic-Shirley (ICMS) opens ONLY for JUMU’AH PRAYER service under a set of very strict self-imposed guidelines which have been reviewed and approved by the Masjid Management. Jumu’ah Prayers will be conducted in only one shift (1:15 – 1:45 PM.)
Due to ongoing COVID-19 health concerns, the ICMS requires all worshipers to strictly adhere to all directions provided by ICMS Safety and Security personnel. These include, but are not limited to the following rules:
- You must bring your own prayer mat which must be shown from the car window with the window closed. Your own prayer mat is required to minimize shared usage and possible contamination of the carpet. If you do not have your prayer mat displayed, you will be asked to leave.
- You must wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth prior to entering the building.
- Plan to enter the ICMS in a state of WuĎoo’. Bathroom access will be limited to emergencies only.
- Before entering the Masjid, your temperature will be taken using a non-contact forehead thermometer. People with temperatures exceeding 100 oF will NOT be permitted to enter.
- You will be required to comply with physical distancing guidelines at all times during the Jumu’ah prayers, which includes:
- Staying 6 feet away from others.
- Using marked areas for prayer to maintain proper distancing.
- Avoiding physical contact such as hugging and shaking hands.
- Leaving the Masjid immediately after completing the Jumu’ah Prayer – No extra (Nafl) Prayers will be permitted in the Masjid after the Jumu’ah Prayer.
- Leaving in a manner that maintains physical distancing at the completion of prayers.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not enter the ICMS: fever, headache, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches, unexplained loss of taste or smell and diarrhea.
- No children under the age of 14 will be permitted in.
The Islaamic Center of Mastic-Shirley is taking the necessary precautions to promote and maintain the safety and well-being of all worshippers. If you have concerns about your health or are unable to comply with the rules above, please do not attend prayers at the Islaamic Center of Mastic-Shirley. We ask for your patience, cooperation and understanding as we address the unique and extraordinary situation presented by this pandemic. These guidelines may change based on the local health conditions and/or guidelines from local or state authorities.
ICMS has SUSPENDED A NUMBER OF ACTIVITIES until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in line with recommendations by Muslim scholars, public officials, local health experts and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.) Please check with Masjid beforehand.
Click below to download the Ramadhaan Prayer Timetable:
Ramadhaan 2022 Prayer Timetable
UPCOMING EVENTS: Limited Capacity Jumu’ah Prayers at Shirley Masjid starting June 5, 2020.
NEWS: The management of the Islaamic Center of Mastic-Shirley had decided to open the Masjid for Jumu’ah Prayers in a limited capacity. (See details above.)
REQUESTING AN ANNOUNCEMENT to be made on your behalf:
Please use the form below to request an announcement at the Islaamic Center of Mastic-Shirley (ICMS). Announcements will be made after Salaat-ul Jumu’ah, Salaat-ul ‘Ishaa’ and the Masjid Bulletin board. Please note the following guidelines when requesting an announcement:
1. Announcements should be short and concise.
2. Person requesting the announcement must provide his/her contact information in case further details are needed.
3. Requests should be received no less than 24 hours before the announcement can be made. In emergency cases, provide a written request to any member of the Announcement Team or the Imaam leading the Salaat.
4. ONLY the Announcement Team can make announcement but they may delegate the task to other people if they so wish.
All announcements requests are subject to ICMS Management approval.